Friday, February 14, 2014

Toddler Dress Size 4 - Lavender Polkadots

Since I will be a stay at home mom for the next year or so, I have decided that I need a hobby - a constructive one.  So, I've decided to work on my sewing skills, because I LOVE beautiful dresses - and have really been disappointed with the selections available at retail stores.  They are just so BLAH and sometimes confusing as to what their design idea was because I just don't see the beauty in some of what's available.

I am starting off small, by sewing a little dress for my daughter.  I picked up the pattern from amazon.com and am expecting my fabrics and notions in the mail from fabric.com. The pattern I am using is McCall's M5793 in size 4.                  
  
Purchased from fabric.com



























So far I have pressed the pattern, copied it onto tissue paper (so I can use the pattern again in the future in a different size), and cut out the pieces.  I've read through the instructions and looked up videos on how to do understiching since I didn't know what that was.  I anxiously await the arrival of my fabric so I can get started!  I'll share the finished project with you - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to share! Check back later to see my response, because I love comment interaction.